All parts supplied by TGS are warranted to be free from defect in material and manufacture, under normal use and service.
Our coverage will extend to all Original Equipment manufacturing norms as per varying party or component in question, with the notable exception stated below:
All new and reconditioned products sold by TGS carry a full six months or 1000-hour (whichever occurs first) warranty from the date of invoice.
To expedite the process, TGS requires the claimant’s help to understand the environment in which the parts are installed and operate. Depending on the complexity of the claim TGS may require additional information in the form of pictures, videos, oil sample measurements, field service reports, and in case of specialised assemblies i.e. Final drive, Engine, Transmissions etc. a competency verification of the technician.
- TGS must be notified immediately of failure by the customer. All relevant information must be provided i.e. Equipment information (Serial Number, Machine Hours, Part Hours) and complete explanation of the failure.
- Warranty claim form needs to be completed and submitted with the part to the TGS warranty department within seven days from failure date.
- TGS reserve the right to examine parts subject to claim under warranty.
- Warranty will not be considered in any case where the parts were modified to fit equipment, or if the part is incomplete, tampered with or altered.
- As far as possible, all parts must be returned in original form and packaging.
- Prices on parts replaced will be based on the TGS Brand current price list or other accepted supplier TGS’s option.
- All maintenance procedures, record keeping and oil sample protocols are adhered to as prescribed by manufacturer specifications (Caterpillar®)
- In case of assemblies (Multiple Parts i.e. Engine Assembly), a claim will only be considered if all parts used in the assembly is supplied by TGS.
- It remains the customers responsibility to ensure that the correct parts are ordered, received and meets correct specification before fitment.
- Where damages are alleged to be caused during delivery, the incident must be reported in writing within three days after delivery date.
- Pictures or videos of failure while part is in use, might ensure positive outcome of claim.
- The provisions of this warranty shall not apply to any TGS brand part altered from its original specifications (including but not limited to alterations in packing and markings or which has been misused, exposed to weather conditions, negligence or damaged by accident.
- This warranty is provided solely to direct customers of the TGS brand and not any other party. It is the only agreement or obligation of TGS. All other warranties, expressed or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for particular purpose, are excluded.
- Warranty claims will only be processed if the customer’s account is in good standing.
- The above warranty will be declared null and void if any TGS product is sold to a third party, with the exception to approved TGS resellers.
- This warranty is limited to parts supplied by TGS and no consequential warranty is implied.
- No Cash refunds on warranties will be accepted, as account credits shall be processed, if the claim is found to be successful.
- Electrical components are not warranted, and will only be considered by the warranty department on merits of claim.
- No glass product will be considered for warranty.
Note: TGS reserve the right to accept or refuse returns of failed components based upon condition of goods and date of original order or incomplete documentation.
A warranty is not an immediate claim against TGS, it is an investigation to ascertain the origin of failure and to determine who is liable for cost to repair or replace failed unit.
PARTS RETURN POLICY
Credit will be issued if:
- Goods returned are stocked items
- Buyouts are Authorised by Procurement Coordinator before return
- Item is accompanied by original or copy of invoice on which it was supplied
Tractor and Grader Supplies will not accept Stock or Non-Stock Parts for return if the item is:
- Removed from a machine or engine or fitted and removed
- Incomplete, damaged or rusted
- Removed from sealed packages
- Having an indication that protective caps plugs or covering were removed
- Discontinued from TGS or Suppliers active stock
- Not in saleable condition or in original packaging
- All electrical components and batteries (wiring harnesses and looms)
- Any literature- Parts catalogues and Manuals
- Buyout- Not authorised
- Damaged parts
- Made to order hoses
- Hoses that have been used or contaminated (i.e. missing plastic caps)
- Seals and O-Rings
- Open kits (gaskets, seals, O-rings, bearings, etc)
- Used/Installed parts
- Filters not in original packaging
Goods correctly supplied will not be accepted back for credit after 14 working days of sale. Any goods accepted for credit will be subject to a 10% handling charge.